Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

In honor of Pi Day, I made a pumpkin pie smoothie for breakfast!

Ok, that's not technically true. The origins of my breakfast smoothie are actually rooted on an ER visit for my cat this weekend. He had some tummy troubles and long story short: he is fine and he HATES and refuses to even consider eating pumpkin purée.

I love the stuff, so I'm using up his pumpkin purée even though we're well outside pumpkin season. The moral of the story: when life gives you a constipated cat, make pumpkin smoothies! Or something like that... Lolz

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1 cup plain soymilk (or whatever milk or milk analog you prefer)
1 cup canned 100% pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
1 ripe banana
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Handful of ice (not necessary if your banana is frozen - mine wasn't)
Honey to sweeten to taste

Whir all in a blender until combined. This makes a couple of servings of you're having it with a meal. But I had the whole thing because I had it for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment