Saturday, March 9, 2013

Purist Egg Salad

I am a purist when it comes to egg salad. I love it dearly - egg salad on wheat toast is one of my very favorite breakfasts and snacks. But I only love it when it is minimalist.

I'm the same with bread, I suppose. The only brand of sandwich bread I really like is Koepplinger's. It has a very fresh taste and you can actually read the ingredients label.

Below is my recipe. Not sure if you can even call it a recipe since its so simple, but this is how I do it, either way.

Purist Egg Salad
4 hard-boiled eggs*
2 tbs. mayo (Hellman's is my favorite)
Two-finger pinch if salt

Peel eggs and place in a small bowl (I use a cereal bowl at home). Use a fork to mash them up. Stir in mayo and salt. Taste it before you eat it - everyone likes a different amount of salt.

This makes two servings, so I pile 1/2 the egg salad in a piece of toast and save the rest for the next day. It keeps very well in the fridge.

*to hard boil the eggs, put them in a pan, cover them with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Cover with a lid, remove from heat, and allow to cool to almost room temperature. Drain water, cover with cold water and allow to cool completely. Remove from water and store in the fridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment