Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rustic (and fast) Dinner

Tonight's rustic dinner is the result of strong cravings on my behalf, no doubt inspired by the cold rainy/snowy weather we're having tonight. And I did the grocery shopping after work, so a delicious filling dinner really hit the spot after a long day.

What you see on the plate is the breast and wing of a roasted chicken (check the labels - some stores really do cook then like you would, with no weird ingredients), roasted broccoli and cauliflower, cheesy garlic toast and marinara for dipping. Oh my yum this was good! And I have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The chicken was store bought, so I just cut it up. I dug the frozen veggies out of the trunk as soon as I got home, tossed them with some EVOO and house seasoning and let them roast at 450 oven while we carried in the rest of the groceries and put them away. As soon as they brown around the edges, they are done.

And yes, you read it right, the veggies were frozen. You CAN roast frozen veggies. They aren't quite as tasty as fresh, but they are still soooo yummy and if prep stands between you and roasted veggies...buy frozen!

A few minutes before the veggies were done, I popped in the bread (garlic oil and shredded cheese - whatever is in the fridge is fine) and let the cheese get toasty.

That's it!! Here's to grocery night dinners!





No comments:

Post a Comment